Five Key Takeaways from Creating Inclusive Communities Together: Transforming Higher Education Through Refugee Integration
April 7, 2023
Have you heard about the free certificate-bearing training, Creating Inclusive Communities Together: Transforming Higher Education Through Refugee Integration? If not, you’ve come to the right place!
We recently partnered with Every Campus A Refuge (ECAR) to empower faculty, staff, and students at U.S. higher education institutions to support refugee resettlement and integration through an intersectional lens.
Four of the creators behind the training recently did a social media takeover to highlight the idea behind the training, highlighting its goals, modules, resources, and steps to mobilize higher education institutions in refugee resettlement.
Here are the key takeaways from our takeover:
- This certificate-bearing training is the perfect way to build the capacity of Champions of refugee inclusion in higher education to develop ecosystems of support for refugee resettlement and integration, all while deepening local place-based and experiential learning practices.
- Their training is made up of five participatory, interactive, and action-driven modules:
- Understanding Global Force Displacement
- Understanding Refugee Resettlement in the United States
- Creating Ecosystems of Refugee Resettlement and Integration Support for Campuses
- The Ethical Dimension of Community Engagement with Refugees
- Preparing Champions a Training of Trainers
- The goals of these 5 modules are to:
- Enrich your knowledge on forced migration and refugee resettlement;
- Empower you and your team to see the possibilities for your institution to be a national leader in refugee inclusion, from leading curricular programs, to housing refugees on your campus, or building pathways for refugees to study at your institution;
- Equip you with the tools to create a campus welcoming of refugees.
- The training is fully interactive and includes a multitude of content such as videos, doodle sketches, graphics, and so much more to fully engage every type of learner.
- This training has already helped mobilize 15 institutions of higher education.
If you are a higher education leader seeking to equip yourself and your colleagues with the knowledge and skills to make your campus more welcoming and inclusive for refugees resettled in the U.S – in ways that will powerfully transform your campus as a whole – then this course is for you.
Check out @rri_nash on Instagram for the full takeover videos! We hope to see you at our next training session.